Regular pond maintenance is essential to keep your pond not only looking its best, but to avoid any longer term pitfalls along the way. Being in the garden, and perhaps ‘out of mind’ during the Winter months, regular maintenance can often be over-looked and this can lead to a slow build up of chronic problems. A regular maintenance contract not only keeps your pond and its inhabitants in tip-top condition, but also gives peace of mind by spotting and treating potential problems early.
Seasonal Pond Servicing and Pond Maintenance contracts offer the following benefits:
1. Regular maintenance and cleaning of pond and filters, removing detritus and keeping filters in top condition.
2. Seasonal visits to give that extra sparkle during the summer months, as well as the essential visits at other times of the year.
3. Seasonal administering of pond products to control blanket weed, keep water sparking and to keep fish in top condition.
4. Regular inspection of fish health and diagnosis and treatment of potential problems.
5. A Winter pond tidy-up to stop fallen leaves entering the pond. Our winter visit is aimed at pond muck removal as is the debris is easy to spot in the cooler months.
6. Seasonal inspection and maintenance of pond pumps, electrics, filters and Ultraviolet filters, to keep them working in top condition and reduce the chances of expensive repair bills.
7. Diagnosis and reports back on any recommend repairs or upgrades, with temporary replacement cover available when required.
8. Husbandry of pond plants and management where required.
Thank you for reading this far down the pond maintenance page. Any Pond Limited is happy to offer you our Seasonal Pond Maintenance Services.
This seasonal service runs every three months with the seasons.
An Any Pond Limited Pond Technician will:
- Clean skimmers out (proper pond skimmers help no end cleaning pond water), if not we can use our pond cleaning net to remove visible items from the surface.
- Check and adjust the pond water levels.
- Clean the mechanical filtration media like a pond skimmer filter mat.
- Remove debris, the use of pond vacuums on small pond cleaning visit or clearing large filters.
- Check the out put on the pond pump for proper water flow, pump servicing with safe cleaning products and fish safe chemicals.
- Treat the pond with our own Beneficial Bacteria – Multi Aqua
- Seasonal pruning of dead aquatic plants and lilies, including on the autumn visit bulk cut back of all marginal pond plants (apart from the evergreens), deepwater aquatics and lilies
- Winter Pond Maintenance – Keep the water features running all winter, ensure that there is a hole in the ice for adequate oxygen for optimum health of fish, install bubbler, heaters, or aerators as needed
- Recommend Pond Upgrades & Enhancements
- Report and issues
The cost of the pond maintenance depends on the size of your pond.
You might be asking how much does it cost for us to take over maintaining your pond or water features each season. This depends on your location and the size of your pond, we would ideally need a picture of your pond or water feature, please contact us today. As you might need our Koi Pond Maintenance Service or
Your Payment Choices Our Easy: Prepay The Entire Year in the Spring (saves you 10%!!) or you can be billed each visit.
Seasonal Pond Maintenance Service Exclusions –
The following products & services are not included in the Seasonal Maintenance Visits, but can be contracted thru your friendly and of course local pond cleaning services company, Any Pond Limited.
- Pond Supplies. Any pond supplies or equipment, pond care products or other treatments like pond dyes for algae control (other than our Beneficial Bacteria – Multi Aqua) other items that are needed will be billed as extra items.
- Full Drain and Cleans. Our pond cleaning services – As this might not be needed, this service includes draining of pond or water feature, safe removal of your lovely fish or aquatic life, cleaning pond muck, removing all the nasty pond waste out of the pond, wash down the sides of the pond including rock and boulders, refill pond, adding the good pond chemicals to de-chlorinate the raw tap water and then introduce fish and aquatic life back into the pond.
- Pond Repair Services, this can be major work, we will keep you up to date with the health of your pond at the end of each service call.
- The Autumn Pond Netting Service. Includes full pond netting service and a returning visits for the removal of the pond net.
MORE ON PLANT HUSBANDRY AND CONTROL
Keep that healthy balance of aquatic plants is an integral part of pond ownership. Small pond maintenance is a must for many garden pond owners. Not only do plant help with natural pond maintenance that can really create a head-turning water feature in your garden. Here at Any Pond we have an unrivalled understanding of aquatic plant husbandry and planting to get the very best from your pond and surrounding landscape.
From the planning stages of your new pond, we can offer advice and planting of the best plant species to introduce and the quantities required to establish your pond quickly. For those developing a natural pond system, we can advise on oxygenating plants and introduction at the correct levels to give a balanced environment.
All aquatic plants will benefit from some maintenance and control. From correct planting and installation, to regular maintenance, Any Pond will keep your pond plants balanced and thriving.
Invasive plants can be a problem in some ponds, particularly those that have not been correctly set-up in the first place. Whilst we are able to offer physical and chemical control of invasive plants, such as blanket weed, we can also offer advice on how to reduce nutrient levels that promote unwanted plant growth.
Any Pond Limited also specialise in farm pond maintenance and the control of water plants including pond lilies in larger natural ponds and lakes.
A pond maintenance contract really is the best way to ensure that your treasured pond really does receive the very best care possible, with the minimum of time and expense. It really is peace of mind for the pond owner.
For more information on the topic of pond maintenance including pond maintenance 101 and other pond advice Follow “The Pond Adviser” Mark our MD is on social media @thepondadviser, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook